Eligibility requirements for Medical Doctors|
- All Medical Doctors (Physicians)/ Dentists: Must provide evidence of current license/ certification/ certificate of good standing from country, state, or province of origin, as well as license from country of current and previous practice. (Not applicable for UAE Nationals).
- Consultants: If not currently practicing in a Western, European Union, or North American country, must provide evidence of current licensure and Certificate of Good Standing from the appropriate licensing authority. (Not applicable for UAE Nationals)
|Position||Qualifications||Experience (Relevant to the Position)|
|a. Qualifications from Tier 1|
b. Qualifications from Tier 2
* Current national license or equivalent
* Certified proof of yearly CME.
|a. Tier 1:|
*NLT 3 years relevant experience as a consultant or equivalent post board certification, with
NLT 2 years in the same country of certification or western accredited institution or equivalent (UAE national not applicable)
* For UAE national: working as a Specialist is equivalent to working as a Consultant.
b. Tier 2:* NLT 8 years full-time employment as a Consultant or equivalent by a World Health Organization (WHO) listed medical school (Teaching Hospital) or a fully JCI- or Canadian- or Australian-accredited hospital.
* UAE national: working as a Specialist is equivalent to working as a Consultant.
* Presentation of log-book listing full range of procedures performed as a Consultant with letter of certification from Ministry of Health (or equivalent institution) in country of origin.
For some positions, subspecialty fellowship training following primary specialty board may substitute for experience.
|a. Qualifications from Tier 1|
b.Qualifications from Tier 2
c. Other countries not mentioned in Tier 1 and Tier 2.
Specialization Certificate obtained after a full time structured residency program/ course of NLT 2 years study duration in a university centre, teaching hospital or where appropriate, in a health establishment approved by the competent authorities.
It should involve the personal participation of the doctor training to be a specialist in the activity and in the responsibilities of the establishments concerned.
* Current national license or equivalent
|a. Tier 1: No experience required.|
b. Tier 2: NLT 2 years post qualification.
* UAE national: working for 1 year post qualification in same field of Specialty.
c. Medical Specialists equivalency table:
NLT 3 years experience as Specialist post qualification.
|a. Graduate from a Medical school / college listed in the Directory of medical schools published by the World Health Organization (WHO) or|
b. Graduate from a medical school / college listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) of the foundation for the Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
*Current national registration/ license.
* Successful completion of internship.
|* NLT 2 years relevant experience post internship
(Hospital, P.H.C, ER, etc).|
* UAE Nationals: On successful completion of Internship.
* Non National UAE residents: must be graduates from UAE universities/ colleges and successfully complete a UAE
* Acquisition of a post graduate qualification, which would eventually entitle the candidate for evaluation as a specialist according to the PQR criteria, would substitute for the 2 years
post Internship experience.
|a) Graduate from a Medical school / college listed in the Directory of medical schools published by the World Health Organization (WHO) or|
b) Graduate from a medical school / college listed in the International Medical Education
Directory (IMED) of the foundation for the Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) (http://imed.ecfmg.org/search.asp)
|Tier 1 Qualifications: Eligible for Consultant (Physicians)|
|1. America (USA)||American Board- Certificates and Subspecialty Certificates. (only Boards approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties are acceptable)|
|2. Austria||Facharztfiplom (Diploma of Medical Specialist) issued by the Austrian Medical Chamber.|
|3. Australia/Australasia||Fellowship of the Royal College/ Colleges.|
|4. New Zealand||Fellowship of the Royal College/ Colleges.|
|5. Belgium||The Belgium Board (Specialist Certificate) issued by the Minister Responsible for Public Health.|
|6. Canada||1. Current Fellowship (The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons).|
2.For Family Medicine: Certification by the College of Family Physicians Canada (CFPC).
|7. France||1. Diploma of Specialized Studies in Medicine (D.E.S.) or|
2. Certificate of Specialized Studies in Medicine (C.E.S.) or
3. Certificate of Specialized Studies in Medicine (The Council of the Ordre Des Medicines).
|8. Germany||(Facharzt) Specialist Certificate issued by the Chamber of Physicians.|
|9. Ireland||Certificate of Specialist Doctor issued by the competent authority recognized for this purpose by the Minister of Health/ inclusion in the Irish G.M.C Specialist Register.|
|10. South Africa||1. Fellowship of one of the Specialty Colleges (e.g. Medicine, Surgery, ect.) or|
2. M.Med. degree (Master of Medicine).
|11. Switzerland||Specialist, Fachartz, Specialista (awarded by Department Federal De I'interieur).|
|12. Sweden||Swedish Board. Issued by the National Board of Health and Welfare.|
|13. UK||1. Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (C.C.S.T.) or|
2. Certificate of Completion of Training (C.C.T.) or
3. Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register
4. For General Practice (Family Medicine): Certificate of Completion of Training in General Practice issued by the PMETB and inclusion in the GMC G.P Register.
|Tier 2 Qualifications: Eligible for Consultant (Physicians)|
Required: Completion of NLT 3 years of postgraduate specialization sponsored by a World Health Organization (WHO) listed medical school or a fully JCI- or Canadian- or Australian-accredited hospital.
|1. Arab Countries||Arab Board.|
|2. Czech Republic||Diploma of Specialization- Druheho Stupne (Diploma of 2nd Degree) Health.|
|3. Denmark||Danish Board (Specialist Certificate)issued by the competent Authority of Health Services.|
|4. Egypt||MD: Doctor of Medicine (not PhD).|
|5. Finland||1.Certificate of the degree of specialist in medicine issued by the competent authorities.|
2. Examination or diploma to become a specialist awarded by one of the following universities:-
(Helsingin Yliopisto/ Helsingfors Universitet, Kuopion yliopisto, Oulun ylio.
|7. Holland||Specialization Certificate issued by the commission for Registration of Specialist (C.R.S.)|
|8. Hong Kong||Fellowship of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (HKAM)|
|9. Hungary||Sza Korvosi Bizoniyitvany (Specialist Certificate) awarded by the Nemzeti Vizgabizottsag (National Board of Examination). Before 28 August 2004, this was awarded by the Ministry of Health.|
|10. India||DM, MCH.|
|11. Iraq||Iraqi Board.|
|12. Ireland||1. Memberships of Royal Colleges or|
2. Fellowships of Royal Colleges
|13. Italy||The Diploma of Specialized Doctor issued by a university|
|14. Jordan||1. Certificate of Higher Specialization or|
2. Jordanian Board.
|15. Lebanon||1. AUB/Lebanese Specialty Board : Certificate of completion of residency and exit exam or|
2. Saint Joseph University: Certificate of completion of residency and exit exam or
3. Lebanese University: Certificate of completion of residency and exit exam.
|16. Norway||Norwegian Board (Specialist Certificate).|
|17. Poland||Dyplom Uzyskania Tytulu Specialty ( Specialist Diploma) awarded by the Centrum Egzaminow Medycznych.|
|18. Portugal||1. Gran de Assistente (Assistant Grade) awarded by Ministry of Health or|
2. Tetulo de Espcialista (Professional qualification of specialist) awarded by the professional association for medical practitioners.
|19. Saudi Arabia||Saudi Board|
|20. Singapore||Specialist Qualification awarded by the Specialist Accreditation Board|
|21. Spain||The title of Specialist awarded by the Ministry of Education and Science|
|22. Sudan||MD: Doctor of Medicine|
|23. Syria||Syrian-Specialization Certificate issued by the Specialist Training and Rehabilitation Authority|
|24. UK||1. Memberships of Royal Colleges (MRCP) or|
2. Fellowships of Royal Colleges (FRCP)
|Qualifications Eligible for Specialist (Physicians)|
|1. Algeria||Certificate of Specialization|
|2. Cuba||First Degree of Specialization|
|3. Czech Republic||First Degree of Specialization|
|4. Greece||Certificate of Medical Specialization|
|5. India||MD or MS , DNB|
|6. Iran||Iranian Board|
|7. Pakistan||Fellowship of the College of Physicians and Surgeons (F.C.P.)|
|8. Philippines||Philippine Board|
|9. Poland||First Degree of Specialization|
|11. Syria||Certificate of Higher Studies|
|Other||PhD, MD, MSc issued by an accredited university (refer to Specialist criteria and the statement for the criteria for evaluation of certificates)|
|Other||Other countries Boards not included under the consultants table|
|Note:Qualifications not included in the above list: Must be referred to the Credentialing Section (HAAD)|
|Post your Questions/ Comments/ Views about HAAD.|
||HAAD Qs & As
Ask your question and share important information about various stages of the test. Join us now.