Scope of Practice for Practical Nurse|
The competency based assessment will be waived for applicants of certain countries (stated below) who meet the Personal Qualification
Requirement(PQR), and fulfill all of the following requirements:
- 2.1. A Registered Nurse refers to the field of General Nursing where the training is at least three (3) years long, from an accredited program
which must be in nursing studies at a post secondary school level.
- 2.2. A Registered Midwife refers to the field of Midwifery where the training:
- Is at least 3 years full time and is entirely focused on midwifery.
- Has been completed at a Registered Nurse Level and a further accredited midwifery training program of at least 12 months.
- 2.3. Registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife was granted by the relevant registering authority in the jurisdiction where the
education program was undertaken; this should be valid and current
- 2.4. Evidence of practice within the last 5 years.
Standardize the waiver of exemption criteria for Registered Nurses and Midwives
4. TARGET AUDIENCE
Health Professionals Licensing Department, HAAD and applicants (Registered Nurses and Midwives) applying for licensure.
Health Professionals Licensing Department, HAAD
- 6.1 Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives from the following countries will be recognized as exempted from the competency based assessment (examination) requirement and will automatically be eligible for
primary source verification in regards to the processing of their application for licensing in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- United Kingdom and The Republic of Ireland
- New Zealand
- United States of America
- Canada (English speaking)
- South Africa (English speaking)
- 6.2 Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives currently registered in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the United States of America, Australia, South Africa, or New Zealand and whose nursing
education was not undertaken in one of those countries, but who can demonstrate English language competence and who have practiced for two (2) years in those countries who be recognized as exempt from the competency based assessment
(examination) requirement and will automatically be eligible for primary source verification in regards to the processing of their application for licensing in the Emirates of Abu Dhabi.