New pattern of Class-IX exams from next year
New pattern of Class-IX exams
Karachi, Aug 22, 2008: The Director of Educational Research, Board of Secondary
Education Karachi (BSEK), Hoor Mazhar, announced on Thursday that the Class-IX
annual examinations 2009 would be conducted on a new pattern.
new scheme of studies, she said, there will be 20 per cent multiple choice
questions, 50 per cent short answers and 30 per cent descriptive
The preparation of model papers for Class-IX is in the final
phase and will be published by the second week of September.
papers will be available at the Habib Bank and Askari Bank branches located next
to the BSEK office premises.
A new scheme of studies for the Class-X will
be applicable from the year 2010.
out ceremony of the MSc first batch, Applied Chemistry (evening programme) will
be held on Aug 23, an announcement made on Thursday said. App
"ALREADY THE ABOVE SYSTEM INTRODUCED IN INTER AND OTHER SUBJECT TESTS HASNT PRODUCED THE DESIRED RESULTS ,NOW THAT HALF HEADED SO-CALLED EDUCATION EXPERTS ARE TRYING TO DESTROY THE WELL-ESTABLISHED BASE OF THE SCHOOL KIDS.I AM OF THE BELIEF THAT ESSAY-TYPE QUESTIONS EXPOSES THE FULL ABILITES OF EVALUATING KID INSTEAD OF SHORT ANSWERS OR MCQS etc."
City, Country: nwfp, Pakistan
Post your comments
32 Karachi HS schools face academic collapse
Karachi: Around 32 higher secondary schools in the metropolis are near total
collapse academically after a decision by Centralised Admission Policy (CAP)
committee to separate them from the CAP in term of giving admissions to Class XI
to 123 city colleges.
Not a single admission form for class XI has been
submitted in these schools, while the concerned authorities have yet to draw any
admission policy for such schools, it was learnt on Thursday.
decision of CAP committee to separate these schools from CAP admission policy
was taken by the CAP committee by its self to diminish its workload, a source in
the EDO Office said.
The source said Executive District Officer and
District Officers are still not aware about any admission policy regarding 32
higher secondary schools in the city.
Conversely, 42,000 duly filled forms
have been received so far by the CAP on the same account, although 80,000
admission forms and prospectus have been sold till August 21, which shows that
what is going to be happened with such helpless schools, the source added.
is worth mentioning that the last date for the submission of placement forms
pertaining to Class XI admissions to 123 city colleges has been extended till
August 26 to facilitate students and their parents in term of availing the
admissions opportunity properly.
When Dr Rafique Ahmed Siddiqui,
Director-General Colleges, Sindh, was contacted about to the
issue, he said CAP took this decision to divide such schools from CAP on the
demands of former EDO Fakhar Karim and DO Iqbal.
Therefore it is not fair to
say that CAP wants to lessen its workload; they are responsible for this
situation, he said.
On the other hand, Secretary Education Rizwan Memon said that the concerned department is doing its
work and will be able to announce its admission programme for 32 higher
secondary schools on Monday.
He refused to say that these schools were going
to be collapsed, but he accepted the fact that the remaining students after
closing of admissions through CAP would be admitted to these schools. However,
those students who have passed matriculation from such schools can also continue
their studies in the Class XI, he said.
It is pertinent to mention here that the last year more than 93,000 applicants
bought placement forms through CAP out of which 83,000 applicants had been given
admissions to city colleges, including 32 higher secondary schools. The Nation
Post your comments