KU MA registration forms | SU protest
MA, double-MA registration date extended
Karachi, Jan 31: The University of Karachi on Monday
announced that the last date for submitting the registration forms of
MA, double-MA and improvement of division for private students had been
extended till March 1.
A separate announcement said that
after the 'online private registration forms' facility, the university
on Monday launched the 'online migration forms' for the candidates who
wanted to get migration certificates for moving to some other
educational institution. ppi
"Dear sir it is requested that iam a final private studient (M.A)final sir i have given my exam of one paper in part one two time but lst year i ws given an exam on July but still iam waiting my result this year after 9 month have left but no result annuonced by university authrity now i arged the KU authority please don,t waste our time as soon as out our result because all of studients are worried about thie results (IR)thanks once again."
Name: Muhammad Hanif Khan
City, Country: Karachi
Post your comments
KU introduces migration forms online
Karachi: The University of Karachi (KU) on Monday started the facility of issuing
migration forms online for private students. A notification issued on
Monday said candidates could access the form at the web-portal of the
university. Meanwhile, the date of the submission of registration forms
of MA and for improvement of division 2010 had been extended to
facilitate the candidates, KU Registrar Prof M Kaleem Raza Khan said.
The candidates could submit their registration forms from January 31 to
March 1 along with Rs2,300, he said, adding that the change of subject
would be allowed with a prescribed fee of Rs50. The news
Post your comments
KU withdraws 'average' marks decision
Karachi: Withdrawing its earlier decision to award
'average' marks to all BCom and BA (male) regular candidates whose Jan
13 papers at Karachi University were disrupted, the university has asked
all such candidates to reappear in their paper rescheduled for Feb 12.
spokesperson for the KU said on Monday: "The decision to award
'average' marks to candidates whose Jan 13 papers were disrupted and who
might prefer not to reappear in their same paper which was earlier
rescheduled for Feb 1 has been withdrawn because of a prevailing
confusion over 'average' marks and due to a large number candidates who
will be appearing in their disrupted papers."
The KU official said that "now the question of awarding average marks does not arise".
paper would now be held on Feb 12 between 2pm and 5pm at their original
centres on the campus and all those candidates who thought that they
had not solved their Jan 13 papers properly would have to reappear in
the papers as the earlier decision to award 'average' marks to those who
might not wish to reappear in their rescheduled paper had been
withdrawn, he said.
The paper was earlier scheduled to be held on
Jan 9, but it was postponed at the eleventh hour due to a public holiday
declared by the Sindh government on account of the annual Urs of Shah
Abdul Latif Bhitai.
The paper which was the last paper for the
candidates taking their BCom (part-I) annual examinations as regular
candidates was then fixed for Jan 13 in the morning shift, but it was
disrupted when some students protesting against the university
admissions policy had resorted to hooliganism and forced the candidates
to flee from their examination centres.
Shortly after the
incident, the KU through a press release had announced that the
disrupted papers would now be held on Feb 1 for the students of the
centres affected by the hooliganism and those who would not like to take
their paper on Feb 1 would be given 'average' marks.
decision created an impression among the candidates that 'average' marks
meant that they would be awarded passing marks in their disrupted
papers, even if they preferred to skip their papers which were earlier
rescheduled for Feb 1.
It may be pointed out that the same papers
of female candidates of BCom and BA examinations whose centres had been
set up at various female colleges of the city were conducted smoothly on
Jan 13. Dawn
Post your comments
SU to extend protest to other universities
Hyderabad: Almost a month has gone by since the University of Sindh has suspended classes in
protest against the killing of a faculty member on Januray 2 by student
After the murder of Professor Bashir Ahmed
Channar, the Sindh University Teacher's Association (Suta) put forward
its four-point charter of demands for restoring peace on the campus.
a recently held meeting between Suta and the Sindh faction of the
Federation of All Pakistan Universities Academic Staff Association
(Fapuasa) has decided to extend their protest to other universities
including the Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Shah
Abdul Latif University Khairpur, Sindh Agriculture University Tando Jam
and Quad-e-Awam University Nawabshah.
Suta President Dr Azhar
Shah said they would continue their protest for an indefinite period of
time till their demands are met. "We are taking other universities on
board to press for our demands."
"There will be a complete
boycott of classes on Friday (Feb 3) by all of these universities," he
said. The meeting strongly condemned the SU administration's
threats of disciplinary action against faculty members.
said that since they did not accept the incumbent VC, they would not
respond to any decision made by the Syndicate. "The government must
take our demands seriously so that the students' time is not wasted.
When our demands are met, we'll put in more hours of work to compensate
for the lost time."
Earlier, students had to return back after SU
teachers barred them from entering the institute by locking the doors
on the first day of the viva exam. Some 6,500 students of Masters degree
were to appear for it.
According to an SU spokesman, Suta
demanded of the governor to form a judicial commission to probe into
Channar's murder, which, the governor assured, was in the process. He
said the SU also planned to constitute a student welfare association,
comprising 2 students from every department.
However, the administration looks up to the government for removal of police and Rangers personnel from the university premises.
Post your comments
Interior Sindh varsities disaffiliate programmes in Karachi
Karachi: In line with the decision of the Sindh government, the state-run universities in the
interior of the province have disaffiliated programmes in various
Karachi-based institutions, as a result of which the Petroman Institute
is rolling back its degree-level programmes.
Institute, considered to be the pioneer of computer education in the
city, started its first degree-level programme, the Bachelors of
Computer Science (BCS) some five year back in affiliation with the Shah
Abdul Latif Bhitai University, Khairpur.
Earlier, Petroman's BCS
programme was of two-years duration but was converted into a
full-fledged three-years BCS degree programme in October 1999 in
affiliation with the same university.
The institute also started
its MCS programme last year and the students admitted to this programme
will be awarded their Masters level degree from Shah Abdul Latif Bhitai
University. Now the BCS programme of the Petroman Institute is being run
at its three campuses located inb different areas of the city with an
overall intake of 1000 students every year, the biggest number of
students enrolled by any institute in Karachi in its degree programme.
The Masters programme is run at the main campus of the institute with an annual enrolment of 100 students annually.
the decision of the Governor, Sindh, who also is the chancellor of all
the public sector universities, the Shah Abdul Latif Bhitai University
has refused to grant affiliation to more fresh batches of the degree and
masters level programmes at the institute. The news
Post your comments