Pakistan's Leading Education Website & Teacher's Provider
English language
Home | Forum | Teacher | Student | Institution | Jobs | Admission guide | Tests | Study abroad | Notices | classified | Study partner

A complete archive of Pakistan's Education news releases since 2007

New: Rawalpindi Inter result 2014   |   KU BCom, BA supple exams   |   PU BCom exam 2014 schedule

Lahore Inter exams schedule   |   AIOU admission forms schedule   |   CSS Examination 2015

Find Pak classmates
Pakistani classmatesDirectory since 1947. Find Now >>

BISE Rawalpindi SSC result on August 2

SSC result to be announced on August 2
Rawalpindi, July 30: The Education Department has formally sent the notification to all the boards including Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Rawalpindi (BISE) asking them to announce the Matric (SSC) result on August 2.

BISE Rawalpindi Spokesman Irslan Cheema said, "we have received a letter from the Education Department regarding announcement of Martic result on August 2. Previously there was no proper notification regard the deadline for announcing the result.

He said, "we are compiling the Matric result and will announce it on August 2 at 11 a.m. at Government Post Graduate College for Women, Rawalpindi. He said that the shopkeepers could buy the copy of gazette from any branch of Habib Bank for Rs1,200. "The result will also be available on the website of RBISE," he said.

Sources in the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Rawalpindi said that the board is still compiling the result and working hard to meet the deadline, but there are chances that this process may take more time because the staff members are still facing problems to work with online system due lack of training. They further said that not only the RBISE but other boards are also facing the same problem.

Your Comments
"It is very pathetic to know that every time we say that due to untrained personnel in the boad we are facing difficulties in compiling results. This is really a very lame excuse. Why such untrained personnel are not being asked to work hard so that such a situation is avoided. How much time it will take to make the function smooth?"
Name: Khan Asrar
Email: kaisrar@yahoo.com
City, Country: Karachi

Post your comments



Bahria University gets best library award
Islamabad: The Bahria University, Islamabad, has been honoured with the 'Best Library Award' by the International Society for Science and Religion (ISSR), says a press release issued here on Friday.

The university library has been selected for the said award after having passed through a fiercely competitive peer-review process, based on present capacity, commitment to research, and study in science and religion. The BU Islamabad now stands amongst the top 150 institutions worldwide to have attained such an exalted position.

The university library is already considered one of the best fully automated libraries of the country, and the first in Pakistan to have developed Institutional repository online using DSpace software, while its librarian Hafiz Aamir Rasul is the only Ambassador for DSpace software nationwide.

ISSR, established in 2002, caters for the promotion of education through the support of inter-disciplinary learning and research in the fields of science and religion conducted where possible in an international and multi-faith context. Bahria University Rector Vice Admiral (r) Mohammad Haroon, Hilal-e-Imtiaz (Military), 'Tamgha-e-Basalat' was highly appreciative of the distinct position attained by the university library, while also lauding the untiring efforts and hard work of the staff who have made the institution proud, states a handout issued on the occasion. The news

Post your comments





QAU harassment case: Authorities reluctant to oust blue-eyed accused teachers
Islamabad: The syndicate members of Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU) is divided on the issue of two alleged teachers found guilty in the report presented before them on July 23. On the other hand it was learnt that delaying tactics are being used to drag the ousting of these two staff members.

On Friday The QAU syndicate-the highest decision-making body of the university under the chairmanship of Vice Chancellor Prof Masoom Yasinzai in its 156th meeting decided to issue the show cause notices to the accused and they are required to submit their reply to the authority within seven days. The syndicate will meet again on August 20 to discuss and decide the issue.

The syndicate was supposed to announce on Friday the ousting of alleged culprits - controller examinations Sardar Muhammad Babar Khan and a lecturer of Information Technology Department Noor Mustufa Awan.

But the probe committee members have issued a charge sheet to accused so that they can present their point of view, and sources told this scribe that this is the way to prolong the case to avoid any firing of the favourite ones.

According to QAU officials, the syndicated members are divided into two core groups, one to save the both who according to probe committee are found guilty.

The officials quoted syndicate members saying termination of both QAU officials was not at all the long term solution to prevail peaceful ambience in the campus while the other members stressed to eradicate such devious character officials who were constant threat to female students and their removal from the offices are the only available solution.

Yasinzai chaired the meeting while Sherry Rehman, ex- federal minister for information & broadcasting, Justice (r) Fakhrun Nisa, Prof Dr Qasir Mushtaq, Dean Faculty of Natural Sciences, QAU, Prof Waseem Ahmad, Department of Biochemistry, Dr. Muhammad Ishaq, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Dr. Sohail Naqvi, representatives of the Presidency, and Registrar QAU participated in the meeting.

In the meeting, it was resolved that the syndicate has now been designated as the "Competent Authority" under the clause 2(d) of the Protection Against Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act 2010 to implement the decision of inquiry committee.

A member of inquiry committee on condition of anonymity said that the probe committee had done its work transparently without accepting the influence of anybody. "According to inquiry, both officials were involved in immoral actions and report has been forwarded to syndicate with the request to terminate both of them," he said.

He said it was responsibility of syndicate team to execute it with perfection and with justice. "But it seems that in today's meeting, the syndicate while issuing seven days notice to submit their point of view, is an attempt to save the culprits because of external political influence," he said.

The syndicate member, Dr Sohail Naqvi said this was a sensitive issue and they wanted to solve it by setting an example for other educational institutions in the country. "They have issued the charge sheet and when they will return after a week, the syndicate committee will give its final verdict," he said.

Post your comments





Accused will not be spared if found guilty: QAU VC
Islamabad: QAU VC Prof Masoom Yasinzai said that QAU probe committee had done its work diligently and honestly without any influence and now they wanted to follow some legal aspects of anti-sexual harassment law, that was why they had given them a week time. "We are aware of the prestige of this institute and we would not let it go. If the syndicate members find them guilty, they will not be spared at all," vowed the VC. Daily times

Post your comments





Way to seek knowledge blocked for schoolboys!
Rawalpindi: The Government High School for Boys in Tench Bhata - the only state-run academic institution for children of poor families residing in the locality - has no way to enter.

There is a six-foot wide street over a 'nullah' leading to the school. The residents of the street are not willing to give students passage to reach their school. As many as 500 students are enrolled in the school.

The residents, including Shaheen Kausar, Mushtabar Hussain, Ghulam Nabi and Abid Hussain said that the establishment of the school has affected their lives. They termed the school a nuisance for them and a potential threat to their privacy as from its first floor one can look into their houses.

According to them, women and girls in their families are unable to do chores and sit in the open on roofs due to presence of a large number of boys on the first floor of the school. "Female members of our families have neither seen the sunlight in the winter nor inhaled fresh air in the summer after the establishment of the school a few years back," they said.

The school, constructed on a 15-kanal piece of land, is surrounded by houses. It has no access to a road or a wide street and is sandwiched between houses.

Earlier, the school had an entrance from another side, but the owners of plots blocked it later. Now it has only one entrance from the 'nullah' side, and the residents of that street are not ready to give way to the school.

The people residing in the street had submitted an application to the chief executive officer (CEO) of the Rawalpindi Cantonment Board (RCB), stating that their privacy has been intruded with the establishment of the school.

After that the residents themselves had erected a wall to block entrance of the school. The wall was first demolished on December 18, 2010, by the RCB enforcement team along with police. The residents once again erected a wall, which was again demolished by the RCB enforcement team on March 19, 2011.

The residents of the area said that according to property documents, the plot of the school has no entrance from their side. The residents have also filed an application in the court of a civil judge for determination of entrance of the school. The application has been pending for adjudication.

CEO RCB on January 6, 2010 wrote to the headmaster of the school that the construction of rooms in the school was started without intimating the RCB that was in violation of the section 291 of the cantonment Act 1924.

Location of the class rooms at first floor of the school badly affecting privacy of nearby residents. The height of the security wall around the school is low due to which students jump-cross it and enter into adjoining houses.

The RCB chief executive officer had asked the school headmaster to forward the approved building plan of the school to its office. He was also asked to increase the height of the security wall and erect a 'purdah' wall at the first floor of the building. But the school administration did not complied with the RCB's orders, the residents of the area said.

Talking to this correspondent, RCB Additional CEO Shakeel Anwar said that the matter is in the court for determination of the way to the school. He said that he himself visited the disputed site. "In this particular matter, both parties have done violations to some extent. I was not provided with a copy of the approved building plan by the school administration." Some houses on the other side of the street are without approved building plans and their owners have occupied the space for a 'nullah,' which is a crime according to the RCB bylaws. He said that the RCB has a solution to the problem, but the matter was before the court so he could not comment over it.

Zeeshan Haider Naqvi, headmaster of the school, talking to this correspondent, said that there is no other government school in the locality. He said that currently 500 students belonging to poor families are enrolled in his school. According to him, the school was constructed on the demand of the residents. The residents of the area contributed to its construction and the Punjab government provided funds for its construction. The existence of the school is important for the future of 500 students. "Previously we have been using another gate for entrance, which was blocked by the plot owners. Now we have no alternative but to use the six-foot wide street over the 'nullah'," he said. He said that if the school was provided with another 5-marla plot adjacent to it, it would be a great comfort for schoolchildren and staff.

When this correspondent contacted Punjab Education Secretary Aslam Kamboh in this regard, he said that the subject matter has been devolved. The executive district officer (schools) would be in a better position to brief on the problem, he said. EDO Schools Qazi Zahoor Ahmad could not be contacted despite repeated attempts on phone.

District Coordination Officer (DCO) Saqib Zafar, when contacted, said that he has noted down the matter and he would visit the site himself for solving the problem. The news

Post your comments

spacer
Post your Comments/ Views about the news.
*Your name
*Your Email
*City &Country(i.e. Karachi, Pakistan)
*Type your Comments here:

*Type the code shown

BER11TUE




The Interface may edit your comments and not all comments will be published.
Education Rss FeedEducation RSS Feed*New
Education News
Updated: 14 Oct, 2014
arrow Rawalpindi Inter result 2014
arrow CSS Examination 2015
arrow KU BCom, BA supple exams
arrow PU BCom exam 2014 schedule
arrow Abolish entrance test system
arrow Comsats Institute convocation
arrow Medical colleges open merit sytem
arrow Creation of Punjab HEC
arrow NUST ranked 500 university
arrow Tameer School Programme
arrow Punjab University turned 133
arrow Lahore Inter exams from Oct 23
arrow Higher education to become dream
arrow AIOU admission forms schedule
arrow KU Dr Auj's murder case
arrow Govt colleges admission lists
arrow Sindh University corruption
arrow SZABIST graduation ceremony
arrow PMDC move causes shortage
arrow KPK textbooks change protest
arrow HEC universities research funds
arrow IIUI students scholarships
arrow NTS test for Sindh teachers
arrow GCUF sexually harassment

More Edu. News>>

Tuition
Personalize Resume