Eligibility Requirements for PMA (Pakistan Militery Academy)|
REGULAR COMMISSION IN PAKISTAN ARMY THROUGH
121 PMA LONG COURSE/33 GRADUATE COURSE
(May 2008 ENTRY)
OPEN FOR ALL CITIZENS
Induction is open to all eligible Pakistanis irrespective of caste, creed, religion and region.
- Male citizens of Pakistan or Azad Kashmir domiciles and State Class-1 Citizens.
- ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS- 121 PMA LONG COURSE
- AGE ON 01 May 2008
- Intermediate or equivalent-17-22 Years.
- Graduates for PMA Long Course-17-23 Years.
- Serving Armed/Civil Armed Forces Personnel-17-23 Years Forces Personnel
- MARITAL STATUS
- Unmarried (serving personnel of the Armed Forces over 20 years of age are eligible, even if married).
- TRAINING PERIOD
- 2 years at PMA.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Intermediate with minimum 50 percent marks. The candidates with domicile and having actually been studying in Balochistan, FATA, District Kohistan, Chitral, Dir, Tehsil Bala Kot (Kaghan, Naran) of District Mansehara in NWFP, Tharparker and Tehsil UmerKot in Sind, District Rajanpur, area of Cholistan, Desert Drawer Fort, Salamsar, Mojgarh, Dingarh of Punjab and Northern Areas, can appear with 45% marks.
- ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS – 33 GRADUATE COURSE
- AGE ON 01 May 2008 20-25 Years.
- MARITAL STATUS
- Un married (serving personnel of the Armed Forces are eligible, even if married).
- TRAINING PERIOD 1 year at PMA.
- EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2nd Division in BA/BSc or equivalent
Candidates holding duplicate certificates will get these certificates verified from concerned education board before appearing in ISSB.
Candidates with bachelor of engineering (BE)/MBBS/MA/MSc degree and previously twice rejected by ISSB can also apply for graduate course.
Those candidates who have not been issued original Martic certificate should get a certificate to this effect from concerned education board.
Candidates possessing foreign qualifications equivalent to Intermediate/Graduation such as Senior Cambridge or ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level etcetera are required to obtain equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC), Ministry of Education Islamabad.
Graduate candidates can apply only for one course i.e PMA Long Course or Graduate Course.
Only three months relaxation is allowed in upper and lower age limit.
- PHYSICAL STANDARDS
- MINIMUM HEIGHT -5'-4" (162.5cm)
- VISUAL STANDARD
|Serial No||Visual Standard||Description|
|(1)||Distant Vision||With glasses 6/9, 6/12|
|(2)||Near Vision||J2, J7 or N8, N12 with or without glasses|
|(3)||Average Weight||As per given age and height standards|
- PHYSICAL FITNESS
The candidates will have to qualify the following physical standards at the time of preliminary selection:-
|Serial No||PHYSICAL FITNESS||Time Duration|
|(1)||1.6 Km Run||7 ˝ Minutes|
|(2)||Push Ups||15 repetitions in 2 Minutes|
|(3)||Sit Ups||15 repetitions in 2 Minutes|
|(4)||Chin Ups||3 repetitions in 2 Minutes|
Swimming has been made a mandatory commissioning criteria. Swimming training will be imparted to the selected candidates at PMA, however, those not qualifying will not be granted commission. Candidates should therefore learn swimming before joining PMA in their own interest.
- REGISTRATION AND PRELIMINARY SELECTION
Candidates can either register through Internet or by visiting AS&RCs:-
- REGISTRATION AT AS&RCS.
Candidates will be required to report alongwith necessary documents and Rs.200/- for fresh and Rs.100 for repeaters as registration fee, at following Army Selection and Recruitment Centres for registration/allotment of Roll No and date/time of written test etcetera:-
|Serial||Army Selection and Recruitment Centre||telephone No|
- REGISTRATION THROUGH INTERNET.
A candidate can register himself through Internet on our website www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk for preliminary test.
Date and time of test shall be intimated on the internet, for that individual should have an E-mail account.
Candidates MUST attain working knowledge of computer as registration and tests will be conducted on computers. Candidate registered through internet will bring Rs.100/- for fresh and Rs.50/- for repeaters as registration fee on the day of test alongwith original certificates.
- REGISTRATION/TESTS FOR NORTHERN AREA.
Registration/Tests for candidates of Northern Areas will be conducted manually. Desirous candidates to contact Army Selection and Recruitment Centre Gilgit for the schedule.
- WRITTEN/INTELLIGENCE TEST.
Written/Intelligence test will be based on multiple choice questions. Written test will be from English, Maths, Pak Studies, Islamiyat and Gen Knowledge.
- SCHEDULE OF REGISTRATION/TESTS
Registration and Tests will be held as per following schedule:-
|Events||121 PMA Long Course / 33 Graduate Course|
|Registration||12 to 27 Nov 2007(Incl Sunday) |
|Tests||4 Dec 2007 to 5 Jan 2008|
(Except Sunday/Closed Holidays)
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT AS&RCS.
Following Certificates and one set of Photocopies of these Certificates are required at the time of registration:-
- Matric Certificate and Matric Detailed Marks Sheet (Both Compulsory). In case original certificate not yet issued, a certificate by the respective Education board to this effect is required. In case of ‘O’ lvl/’A’ lvl, submission of Equilance cert issued by IBCC is mandatory.
- Certificate of FA/FSc/Detailed Marks Sheet or Equivalent.
- BA/BSc/Equivalent degree or Detailed Marks Sheet (for Graduate Candidates).
- Computerized National Identity Card or Computerized Form “B” alongwith Guardian of Computerized National Identity Card (Father or Mother).
- 2 x Colour Photos duly attested by Principal/Class 1 Gazetted Officer.
- One set of attested photocopies of above mentioned documents.
- Old National Identity Card and Form “B” will not be accepted. Original and 1x photocopy of Inter Services Selection Board “ NOT RECOMMENDED” letter is also required for "Repeater" Candidates.
- PRELIMINARY SELECTION:
The candidates declared successful in written/intelligence tests will have physical, medical tests and preliminary interview at AS&RCs.
- FURTHER SELECTION
Candidates qualifying preliminary selection will be sent to ISSB for further tests. Medical examination of ISSB recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby CMHs. The final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of candidate’s overall performance.
- Screened out twice by ISSB.
- Rejected twice by ISSB/GHQ Selection & Review Board.
- Declared medically unfit by an Appeal Medical Board (Army).
- Enrolled Cadets withdrawn/resigned/discharged/dismissed from Armed Forces (Army, Navy & Air Force) training academies/institutions on the grounds of discipline, character, failure in academics/military subjects, medical, inefficiency, weak profile and any other unsuitability grounds or received character certificate “fair”.
- An individual dismissed/removed from other Government services.
- Convicted by a Court of Law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
- PAKISTAN NATIONALS RESIDING ABROAD
Eligible candidates residing abroad are exempted from Preliminary Selection. However, Defence Attaches are requested to ascertain their overall suitability, physical deformity and stammering aspects.
The candidates are advised to approach Pakistani Embassies (Military/Defence Attaches) in the country where residing or Personnel Administration Directorate PA-3(a), GHQ Rawalpindi, for issue of application forms only.
They will submit their application forms alongwith connected documents through Pakistani Embassies by 15 January and 10 July every year.
A postal order of Rs. 100/- and a bank draft of Rs. 500/- in the name of Director Personnel Administration-1, Personnel Administration Directorate, GHQ Rawalpindi will be attached with the application form.
Postal address in Pakistan should also be indicated in the application forms so that call up notice for ISSB Tests/Interview and further correspondence to eligible candidates can be made on the given Pakistani address.
No travelling allowance will be admissible. Upon final selection candidates with duel nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistani.
Your Comments/ Feedback
"Thanks.. these details were very helpful to me."
Name: Raza Khan
City, Country: Karachi, Pakistan
||ISSB Qs & As
Ask your question and share important information about ISSB Test for Army, Air Force and Navy. Join us now.
|Post your Comments/ Views about information available on this page.|
|Join us, built your friend's circle and increase your chances for passing ISSB test|
Please read this before leaving this page:|
information provided on this page is for informational purpose only. We have provided this useful
information for free of any cost. You can also contribute through letting us know about any mistake / error / updation related to the information so that other people reading
will be able to have access to the correct
information. Please, do not hesitate to share correct information
with others because that is the main theme of this website. Email us