SU student loses eye in accident during exam

JAMSHORO, Sept 14: A student of the Sindh University was injured on Thursday, when acid splattered in her eye during examination.

The girl, Nighat Arain, a resident of Mirpurkhas, of the Genetic Engineering Department, lost sight of her right eye. She is admitted to a private hospital.

A report said it happened during practical examinations. Nighat got unbalanced and a bottle of acid slipped out of her hands. The acid splashed and hit her face and torso, causing severe injuries to her.

Initially, she was taken to a local hospital whose administration refused to treat her, claiming that it was a surgical case. Later, she was shifted to a private hospital in Hyderabad and got first aid.

Doctors said the girlís right eye is damaged. Doctors and the girlís parents said that her faceís plastic surgery was possible at a later stage but that was very expensive.

It is learnt that such accidents have become common at the university, in which a number of students received injuries.

Talking to us, university spokesman Majeed Panhwar said it was an accident and the university administration rushed the girl to the hospital for immediate medical aid. He said the university would bear the expenses of her treatment. The News

spacer

spacer

Post your Feedback about information available on this page.

ARY2WED